SELPA Advisory Committee
The SELPA Advisory Committee is given authority by the Superintendents' Council to implement special education policies and procedures in Sonoma County. The Advisory Committee's voting members represent eight areas of Sonoma County. The Advisory Committee meetings are typically held the third Friday of the month, from 8:30-11:30 a.m., at the Rohnert Park Education Center. The SELPA Director chairs the meetings. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Please contact the SELPA office at (707) 524-2752 with inquiries.
The Advisory Committee's duties include:
- Provide information and recommendations for the development,
modification and implementation of the Local Plan to the Superintendents'
- Develop and implement procedures for the identification, referral,
assessment, IEP development and placement of individuals with
disabilities as established by the Local Plan.
- Develop forms, procedures and recommendations for programs and
services for review, modification and approval by the Superintendents'
- Develop an annual budget for SELPA operations, including Regionalized
Services and Program Specialist allocations for review, modification and
approval by the Superintendents' Council.
- Develop in-service/staff development programs, including parent
education activities, for review, modification and approval by the
- Provide recommendations for membership for the Community Advisory
- Develop the Annual Services Plan for approval by the Superintendents'