Back to Calendar
When They Don't Show Up Dealing with School Avoidance
April 11, 2023
9:00 am to 10:30 am
Virtual Via Zoom
There has been a steady increase in the number of students who are refusing to attend school. Chronic absenteeism and frequent tardies are significant problems that not only plague schools, but families as well. This training will help provide information on how to identify the reason(s) behind the student’s school refusal (whether in person or while engaged in remote learning), and outline evidence-based practice interventions to help students return to class. Case examples will be offered to illustrate the various methods and intervention strategies. Attendees will have the opportunity to share their own case examples.
- Gain an increased understanding about necessary components of a Behavior Intervention Plan.
- Learn how to create aligned pathways between function of behavior and functionally equivalent replacement behaviors.
- Take away key concepts in writing a comprehensive BIP.
- Engage in case discussion to identify appropriate, creative, and doable reinforcement systems .
- A Certificate of Completion is available to participants. This may be used to document professional development hours or applied towards the credential requirements for Education Specialist Level II non-university activities. The Diagnostic Center is also a California Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Board-approved continuing professional development provider.